RFR for JDK-8028711: TEST_BUG: Tests should pass through VM options: corelibs tests

michael cui michael.cui at oracle.com
Fri Feb 7 03:41:48 UTC 2014

Hi Alan,

Based on current discussions we have had and existing usages in our code
base,
I would like to propose that the fix should ONLY make sure that
${TESTVMOPTS} will be passed in when launching java from shell script.

For other options such as ${TESTJAVAOPTS} ${TESTTOOLVMOPTS} and
${TESTJAVACOPTS},
Since we are not very clear about needs to make them presents all the
time when launching java or other java tools from shell, it is better to
not make changes to current usages.

Please let me know if you are ok with this approach.

Thanks,
Michael Cui