Review 8035808: Eliminate dependency to GetPropertyAction and other sun.security.action convenient classes

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri Mar 7 11:31:44 UTC 2014

On 06/03/2014 21:10, Mandy Chung wrote:
> Webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk9/webrevs/8035808/webrev.00/
>
> This patch converts the use of sun.security.action.GetPropertyAction
> tolambda
>        (PrivilegedAction<String>) () -> System.getProperty(key)
>
> Similarly for GetIntegerAction and GetLongAction.
>
> The sun.security.action.* classes are just convenient classes that are
> used not only by the security library but also used by RMI,
> management, a couple other components that cause cross-module
> dependency that are not absolutely necessary.  They can simply be
> replaced to call System.getProperty, Integer.getInteger, or
> Long.getLong at the callsite.
This looks good to me as it reduces the number of inner classes, removes
a lot of dependencies on sun.* APIs, and updates the code to use new
language features. The only downside appears to the cast but you can't
really get away from that here (at least not without declaring a
PrivilegedAction for each usage).

-Alan.