RFR: 7152892: some jtreg tests fail with permission denied

Volker Simonis volker.simonis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 17:43:55 UTC 2014

Hi Rob and everybody else on this list,

just as a broad link (I don't want to offend anybody, just create some
awareness :)

We have a new platform called 'AIX' in the OpenJDK. For the matter of JTreg
test it behaves mostly like every other Unix platform. I would really
appreciate it very much if future test additions/changes which contain the
famous:

 case "$OS" in
   SunOS | Linux | Darwin )
     FS="/"

pattern could also add 'AIX' to this list.

For this change that would have been especially simple because it also
changed several files which already used the new pattern (e.g.
test/java/rmi/registry/readTest/readTest.sh):

 case "$OS" in
   SunOS | Linux | Darwin | AIX )
     PS=":"
     FS="/"

Should there arise any PPC64/AIX related questions in the future please
simply  CC  "ppc-aix-port-dev at openjdk.java.net" - we will be happy to
assist.

Thank you and best regards,
Volker