RFR (JAXP): 8035577: Xerces Update: impl/xpath/regex/RangeToken.java

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri Mar 14 14:38:59 UTC 2014

On 13/03/2014 23:07, David Li wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is an update from Xerces for file
> impl/xpath/regex/TokenRange.java.  For details, please refer to:
> https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8035577.
>
> Webrevs: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk9/8035577/webrev/
>
> New test case was added for code change in
> RangeToken.intersectRanges.  Other minor issues from last review
> comments are updated.
>
> Existing tests: JAXP SQE and unit tests passed.
A bit of side question but this regex code seems very old (Hashtable,
Vector ...) and I'm wondering how feasible it would be to replace it
completely with java.util.regex. Joe might know if this has ever been
discussed upstream (and I appreciate there is a desire to keep the code
the same where possible).

-Alan