RFR [8014066] Mistake in documentation of ArrayList#removeRange

roger riggs roger.riggs at oracle.com
Mon Mar 17 13:51:38 UTC 2014

Hi Ivan,

Just to see the effect of the change, I ran the test without the code
change and it reported
331 failures and only 1 IndexOutOfBoundsException not thrown and that
was in java.util.Collections$SingletonMap.

(I can't appreciate the error reporting style with just a stack trace;
especially given the generated cases in nested loops).

I would have expected to see failures reporting the incorrect exception
being thrown for ArrayList itself.

Though most are likely due to the same condition outside the range, its
hard to tell if there are other failures.

Can you check that the test is detecting and reporting the right errors
for the current implementation.

Thanks, Roger