Process API Updates (JEP 102)

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Tue Mar 25 13:44:36 UTC 2014

On 25/03/2014 12:17, David M. Lloyd wrote:

> There are two features we would definitely like to see added:
>
> 1) NIO Channel interface for process streams
> 2) The ability to pass additional channels to child processes
>
> #1 seems relatively straightforward,
Assuming #1 means non-blocking and multiplexing then it has been looked
into a few times. The main challenge is Windows where there are
challenges multiplexing socket and handles to process streams at the
same time. There have been a number of proposals and would need more
investigating to come up with something that scales and is clean.

-Alan