Implicit 'this' return for void methods

Marek Kozieł develop4lasu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 20:06:00 UTC 2014

Sorry for late answer,

After some thought I came into conclusion, that both solutions are similar.
For me void functionality it to great to be in 100% replaced, other
reasons are not as important.
So if we consider that void would be replaced with 'this' or keep as
void, in additional some type would get void functionality and would
be used as default return value instead of void. Then even with all
confusion this change could be a little reasonable.
void for static void mean next static call ?

For me language should be incremental as much as possible for user as
well for team.
Use case 4 you:
Team member changes void to other type.
Difference between void and void as this is that when someone change
this to other type a lot of work have to be done in order to prevent
potential bugs, even when committed changes are checked  there no easy
way to ensure validity of  all branches and uncommitted code.

--
Pozdrawiam
Marek Kozieł ( Lasu )

http://na-chlodno.blogspot.com/