Implicit 'this' return for void methods

Marek Kozieł develop4lasu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 22:25:25 UTC 2014

> What about opting in? By that, I mean that these void methods must have a
> specific TYPE_USE annotation on them at compile time to allow chaining.
>
> This idea would require a JLS update to allow type annotations on void
> return values -- perhaps exclusive to this annotation.

I was thinking about :
void method() to be equivalent, or maybe noted as :
this method()

And void function to be replaced with specific class like(I use this
here and there when direct use of void is not possible and this work
pretty well):

java.lang.Void methid();
or maybe noted as:
null method();

So hopefully this would fit language peaty well.
Any way it's to early for me to comprehend influence of such big
change. I do not like such know-how solutions.

--
Pozdrawiam
Marek Kozieł ( Lasu )

http://na-chlodno.blogspot.com/