[9] RFR of 8075156: (prefs) remove() should disallow the use of the null control character '\u0000' as key

Brian Burkhalter brian.burkhalter at oracle.com
Tue Apr 14 15:37:56 UTC 2015

Hi Roger,

Thanks for taking the time to review this recap. Your suggestion to forge ahead with the approach already taken seems to be reasonable. I concur that a fail-fast approach of throwing an IAE as soon as the bad character is encountered if preferable to waiting for some inscrutable subsequent exception in flush() or sync().

So barring objections to the contrary from some other quarter, I will clean up the current patch and also address the errors in the class level javadoc that I pointed out in AbstractPreferences.

Thanks,

Brian