RFR (JAXP): 8042244 : Re-examine the supportedness of non-SE org.w3c.dom.** API

Lance Andersen lance.andersen at oracle.com
Wed Apr 15 21:26:21 UTC 2015

Looks OK other than what Alan suggested which I would think we could add the SUID given it is in our code base.

Please check DOMXPathTest as it looks like you were bit by netbeans formatting for the comment for test().  Same is true for some of the other classes where in some cases there is an empty line before the start of a method comment and others there is not (HTMLTableCellElement.java is an example).  If you have time, it would be nice to be consistent, but I have seen netbeans to strange things when you format similar to what you are seeing (though I am not sure you are using netbeans)

Best
Lance

On Apr 15, 2015, at 3:23 PM, huizhe wang <huizhe.wang at oracle.com> wrote:

> Please review the change related to the non-SE org.w3c.dom.** API: org.w3c.dom.css, org.w3c.dom.html, org.w3c.dom.stylesheets, org.w3c.dom.xpath.
>
> They came into Java SE along with the DOM API, but were not part of the Java SE and JAXP specification. For css, html and stylesheets, there is no implementation in the Java SE,  while for xpath, an experimental one. These types should not be exported through the java.xml module. Considering that there are references to them, we're moving them into a JDK module called jdk.xml.dom. The experimental DOM 3 XPath thus is no longer available through the DOM API (DOMImplementation).
>
> Please review:
> JAXP change:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk9/8042244/webrev/
>
> module.xml:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk9/8042244/jdk/webrev/
>
> JBS: 8042244 : Re-examine the supportedness of non-SE org.w3c.dom.** API <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8042244>
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

Lance Andersen| Principal Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.2037
Oracle Java Engineering
1 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
Lance.Andersen at oracle.com