[9] RFR of 8078672: Print and allow setting by Java property seeds used to initialize Random instances in java.lang numerics tests

Brian Burkhalter brian.burkhalter at oracle.com
Wed Apr 29 22:55:57 UTC 2015

Continuing the conversation about:

with an updated patch:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bpb/8078672/webrev.01/.

Please review at your convenience.

1) test/java/lang/RandomFactory.java is moved to test/lib/testlibrary/jdk/testlibrary/ (with respect to the previous patch but not visible in the webrev) and getSplittableRandom() is added.

2) the java/lang/{Double,Integer,Long,Math} tests modified in the previous patch are updated to use RandomFactory in its new, generic location.

3) the java/math/Big{Decimal,Integer} tests which used test/java/math/RandomSeed are modified to use RandomFactory.

4) test/java/math/RandomSeed.java is removed.

All tests pass locally on OS X and a job testing jdk_lang and jdk_math has been submitted to the usual set of platforms.

Thanks,

Brian