JEP 238: Multi-Version JAR Files

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Wed Feb 25 20:05:18 UTC 2015

On 25/02/2015 18:03, Paul Sandoz wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2015, at 6:45 PM, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne at joda.org> wrote:
>
>> On 25 February 2015 at 13:30, Paul Sandoz <paul.sandoz at oracle.com> wrote:
>>> Even in the modular world i will expect class scanning will be used. While we can now iterate reliably over classes in the image i don't believe that functionality is made available for classes in modules on the module path.
>> To be honest, being able to reliably iterate over classes in a module
>> is the most interesting potential feature about modules in general.
> Really? I would have thought that the most interesting aspects would be formalizing names and dependencies so they can be computed on.

Right, plus encapsulation too. I've no doubt that there will be APIs
(both new and updates to existing) to introspect the contents of modules
but I wouldn't consider this one of the primary goals or benefits of
modules, rather it's just something that has to happen anyway as part of
bringing modules to the platform.

-Alan