RFR: JDK-8047769 SecureRandom should be more frugal with file descriptors

Peter Levart peter.levart at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 20:57:18 UTC 2015

On 01/01/2015 08:56 PM, Chris Hegarty wrote:
> This looks very nice Peter.
>
> Just a small comment on the test; it may avoid future problems if the
> test use deleteFileWithRetry, from the test library [1], rather than
> file.delete().
>
> -Chris.
>
> [1]
> http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/jdk9/jdk/file/tip/test/lib/testlibrary/jdk/testlibrary/FileUtils.java

Hi Chris,

Thanks for pointing me to the FileUtils. It got me thinking that the
test might not be able to delete the file on Windows, since after return
from 2nd call to testCaching(), it might still be open (and it very
probably will be in the webrev.04 test).

So I "fixed" this. I now treat the unsuccessful deletion as a test
failure as it should only occur if the file is not closed at the end
which it now should be.

Here's the latest webrev:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~plevart/jdk9-dev/FileInputStreamPool.8047769/webrev.05/

Regards, Peter