RFR: 8067951: System.loadLibrary cannot find library when path contains quoted entry

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Sat Jan 3 08:50:08 UTC 2015

On 26/12/2014 10:02, Ivan Gerasimov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I changed my mind about handling only entirely quoted entries in PATH.
> The webrev was updated.
>
> Now, on Windows paths with quoted parts are supported.
> If the quoted fragment of the path contains the delimiter -- ';', it
> will be preserved as a part of the path.
>
> This is consistent with how Windows command prompt resolves PATH.
>
> The regression test was extended to cover new functionality.
>
> The webrev was updated in place:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~igerasim/8067951/2/webrev/

I assume it can't be very common to quote individual elements in this
manner, otherwise we would have had bug reports on this many years ago.
I agree we should probably support this and the approach in your updated
webrev looks reasonable to me. One thing to consider is refactoring it
so that the Windows specific handling is the Windows implementation of
ClassLoaderHelper rather than in initializePaths.

-Alan.