String.indexOf optimization

Vitaly Davidovich vitalyd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 20:42:37 UTC 2015

The java impl you saw would be called by (a) interpreter, (b) if you
explicitly disable intrinsification of this function, or (c) some other JVM
that doesn't intrinsify this method (or any method).

People don't usually disable intrinsics; if they do, it's because they hit
some JIT bug and may disable it.