8050820: Please add java.util.Optional.stream() to convert Optional<T> to Stream<T>

John Rose john.r.rose at oracle.com
Wed Jan 21 19:42:36 UTC 2015

On Jan 21, 2015, at 3:01 AM, Paul Sandoz <paul.sandoz at oracle.com> wrote:

> I updated the webrev in place to be more consistent in the use of braces and better consistency for the primitive specializations:
>
>  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/jdk9/JDK-8050820-Optional-stream/webrev/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/jdk9/JDK-8050820-Optional-stream/webrev/>
>
> I don't wanna make any more syntax-related changes unless i done something silly.

It's often a good idea to make cleanups to code you touch, but there is a natural limit.

If cleanups proliferate far away from the semantic changes, the two sorts of changes will begin to confuse each other, both during review and later on during backports or other change analysis.

I think what you have done is acceptable from that viewpoint, since the changes can be separated "by eye" easily enough.

You can count me as a Reviewer for this.

— John