[9] RFR (M): 8063137: Never-taken branches should be pruned when GWT LambdaForms are shared

Vladimir Ivanov vladimir.x.ivanov at oracle.com
Tue Jan 27 16:05:19 UTC 2015

Thanks for the feedback, John!

Updated webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~vlivanov/8063137/webrev.03/jdk
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~vlivanov/8063137/webrev.03/hotspot

Changes:
   - renamed MHI::profileBranch to MHI::profileBoolean, and
ProfileBranchNode to ProfileBooleanNode;
   - restructured profile layout ([0] => false_cnt, [1] => true_cnt)
   - factored out profile injection in a separate function
(has_injected_profile() in parse2.cpp)
   - ProfileBooleanNode stores true/false counts instead of
taken/not_taken counts
   - matching from value counts to taken/not_taken happens in
has_injected_profile();
   - added BoolTest::ne support
   - sharpened test for AndI case: now it checks AndI (ProfileBoolean)
(ConI 1) shape

Best regards,
Vladimir Ivanov