Review request for JDK-8051709: Convert JAXP function tests: javax.xml.datatype to jtreg (testng) tests

Lance Andersen lance.andersen at oracle.com
Wed Jan 28 20:54:37 UTC 2015

Hi Frank

Overall, it is fine, a couple minor nits:

I thinking some of the comments in both class should be clearer as the comments can be confusing as to what the test should return
---------------
 332
 333     /**
 334      * Test XMLGregorianCalendar#toString() Bug # 5049528:
 335      * XMLGregorianCalendar.toString throws IllegalStateException
 336      *
 337      */
 338     @Test(dataProvider = "calendar")
 339     public void checkToStringPos(final int year, final int month, final int day, final int hour, final int minute, final int second) {
 340         XMLGregorianCalendar calendar = datatypeFactory.newXMLGregorianCalendar(year, month, day, hour, minute, second, undef, undef);
 341         calendar.toString();
 342     }

-------------

This test is not expecting an IllegalStateException.  I would also probably validate that the value from toString() is valid

another example:

---------
 552     }
 553
 554     /**
 555      * Test Duration#getXMLSchemaType() throws UnsupportedOperationException.
 556      *
 557      * <p>
 558      * Bug # 5049544: Duration.getXMLSchemaType throws
 559      * UnsupportedOperationException
 560      *
 561      */

--------

I would just review your comments to make them clearer.

The comment below has a typo:
----------
255     /**
 256      * Test XMLGregorianCalendar#toGregorianCalendar( TimeZone timezone, Locale
 257      * aLocale, XMLGregorianCalendar defaults)
 258      *
 259      * <p>
 260      * Bug # 5040542: toGregorianCalendar(...) does not use the defaults
 261      * XMLGregorianCalendar paramete
 262      *
 263      */

---------

no need for another review, I would just tweak the comments and push

Best
Lance

Lance.Andersen at oracle.com