RFR(s): 8073923: Files.lines() documentation needs clarification

Joseph D. Darcy joe.darcy at oracle.com
Tue Mar 3 02:14:58 UTC 2015

Hi Stuart,

Since try-with-resources is "just" a desugaring, I think the statements like

          [The resource] must be opened as a resource within a
try-with-resources
  136  * statement to ensure that it is closed promptly after its
operations have completed.

should be replaced with the milder

     ... with a try-with-resources statement or similar control
structure to ensure...

Thanks,

-Joe