RFR: 8077846: improve locking strategy for readConfiguration(), reset(), and initializeGlobalHandlers()

Peter Levart peter.levart at gmail.com
Sun May 17 09:05:18 UTC 2015

On 05/15/2015 05:05 PM, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
>>> Looks good for me Peter :-)
>>> Hopefully Mandy will like it too!
>>>

>> Yes it looks good to me.  Thanks to both of you for imprpving the
>> synchronization.  This is the comment on the test I sent last round:
>>
>> TestConfigurationLock.java
>>
>>     Copyright year should be 2015
>>
>> TestConfigurationLock.properties
>>
>>     It would be good to delete all commented lines except the lines
>>     relevant to the setting to make it obvious what the configuration
>> is.
>
> Right. Sorry I forgot about that. Here is an updated webrev
> containing Peter's webrev.04 in which I have updated the test:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dfuchs/webrev_8077846/webrev.05
>
> Peter, are you still willing to push that?
>
> best regards,
>
> -- daniel

Right. I went over code changes once again and I was happy with the
final shape. I re-ran the java/util/logging tests an all 60 passed. So I
pushed this change.

Thanks to David, Alan and Mandy for reviewing and of course to Daniel
for cooperation and the majority of the code in this changeset.

Regards, Peter