RFR(M,v9): JDK-8059036 : Implement Diagnostic Commands for heap and finalizerinfo

Peter Levart peter.levart at gmail.com
Wed May 27 07:34:34 UTC 2015

Hi Dmitry,

The jdk part looks OK (no great changes on this side from last webrev).
Is there a particular reason why the return type of
printFinalizayionQueue() method is Object[] and not Map.Entry<String,

For the hotspot part, I have a few reservations. You expect that the
type of array elements will be HashMap.Node and that the key/value
fields will be at fixed offsets. Is this even true for all architectures
(32bit, 64bit +-UseCompressedOops)?

The type of HashMap entry is controlled by code in HashMap which has a
long history of changes. Next time the implementation of HashMap
changes, your code could break. Would it be possible to only use public
API? To invoke methods on Map.Entry interface to obtain the key and value?

Regards, Peter