RFR 9: 8138963 : java.lang.Objects new method to default to non-null

Roger Riggs Roger.Riggs at Oracle.com
Tue Oct 6 14:09:57 UTC 2015

Hi Stephen,

Guava's firstNonNull is a useful semantic, but would not be a drop in
replacement for existing code which
would need to be examined for behavioral changes due to possibly
throwing an exception.
So perhaps the nonNullorElse name would be more accurate.

Thanks, Roger