RFR 9: 8138963 : java.lang.Objects new method to default to non-null

Roger Riggs Roger.Riggs at Oracle.com
Thu Oct 8 19:09:26 UTC 2015

So for you, method overloading is a mis-feature of the language because
it inhibits readability.
Though I might argue, that the magic type inference is the real culprit.
In most coding cases, the types of the arguments are visible and/or via
syntax and naming.

Thanks, Roger