RFR: 5108778 Too many instances of java.lang.Boolean created in Java application(core-libs)

Stuart Marks stuart.marks at oracle.com
Thu Oct 8 19:15:13 UTC 2015

Hi Fabian,

As you might have seen from my message to Sebastian, I agree that the Boolean
constructors shouldn't be deprecated -- at least not with deprecation in its
current form.

The idea is eventually to mark them somehow, in a way that warns developers that
other APIs are preferable, but without any implication that they will eventually
be removed. There are no plans to remove the Boolean constructors from the API.

s'marks