JEP 276: Dynamic Linking of Language-Defined Object Models

Jochen Theodorou blackdrag at gmx.org
Tue Oct 20 08:17:34 UTC 2015

On 19.10.2015 12:56, Attila Szegedi wrote:
> On Oct 19, 2015, at 10:46 AM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag at gmx.org
> <mailto:blackdrag at gmx.org>> wrote:
>
>> since it is dynalink there is I guess only one master linker in the
>> end. Can you point me to some code showing how the composition of
>> linkers is done to refresh my memory on that?
>
> Sure, here’s how Nashorn does it:
>
> http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/nashorn/file/f93753325c7b/src/jdk.scripting.nashorn/share/classes/jdk/nashorn/internal/runtime/linker/Bootstrap.java#l92
>
> You’ll notice that Nashorn has a total of 10 linkers - they’re
> modularized per purpose.
[...]

interesting... I will take a closer look at those some time later this week

So am I right in assuming that if for example there is the public
nashorn linker and the linker from Groovy, that we simply go through the
list of linkers (from a service based lookup I guess) and the first
linker claiming to be able to link that gets to do it?

bye Jochen