RFR - 8132734: java.util.jar.* changes to support multi-release jar files

Steve Drach steve.drach at oracle.com
Wed Oct 21 00:16:15 UTC 2015

Hi,

Let’s try again.  I considered the issues brought up in the last review and was able to not only remove the versionedEntry altogether, I was able to greatly simplify the entire changeset.  I removed all changes to JarEntry and JarVerifier, and added a name field and some simple methods to JarFileEntry.  This solved a whole bunch of potential issues.   I’m also creating the jar files used in the tests so there are no binaries in the changeset.  One test, MultiReleaseJarURLConnection, has an error on windows because it can’t delete one of the created jar files.  I don’t think I can do anything about it — JDK-4823678 is a 12 year old bug that describes the problem.  If anyone has an idea on what I can do to make this a clean test, please let me know.

Issue: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8132734 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8132734>
JEP 238: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8047305 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8047305>
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/multiversion-jar/jar-webrev/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/multiversion-jar/jar-webrev/>

Thanks,