RFR: 8066644: Fix deprecation warnings in jdk.zipfs module

Claes Redestad claes.redestad at oracle.com
Sat Oct 24 20:54:39 UTC 2015

Hiall,

please review this patch which addresses deprecation warnings in
jdk.zipfs module while applying the same code improvements to similar
code java.util.zip.ZipUtils

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~redestad/8066644/webrev.02

Peter Levart brought this up and provided a patch for
java.util.zip.ZipUtils earlier on this list[1], but this got delayed for
various reasons. I've now included a fix to an integer overflow issue[2]
since discovered in java.util.zip.ZipUtils and applied it to
jdk.nio.zipfs.ZipUtils as well for consistency.

I've updated and given themicrobenchmarks a spin, verifying that the
LocalDateTime version is still the fastest known approach.

/Claes

[1]
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2015-February/031714.html