RFR - 8132734: java.util.jar.* changes to support multi-release jar files

Steve Drach steve.drach at oracle.com
Mon Oct 26 17:26:29 UTC 2015

Hi,

We’ve published another webrev for review.

JEP 238: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8047305
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/multiversion-jar/jar-webrev/

This one addresses the issues regarding CodeSigners, Certificates, verification, and other security issues raised in the last round, including whether third party verification is a supported use case.  I also partially fixed a nitpick involving performance while searching for versioned entries, by putting in a cache for previously searched entries.  And I found a way around the issue with windows being unable to delete jar files accessed through URL’s in one test.

Steve