RFR(S): 8162727 - Testbug: additional requires properties can't be used for filtering server vm in jdk jtreg tests

Dmitry Fazunenko dmitry.fazunenko at oracle.com
Thu Aug 4 12:56:11 UTC 2016

Igor,

Regardless this change I agree with you: VM specific tests should be
moved from jdk to hotspot.

But we can't get rid of VM specific tests in the jdk repository at all.
Tests for java.lang.management belong to JDK, but may use VM specific...
I count 11 open and 100 closed jdk tests which use @requires vm.*.

I don't see s a big problem in having a few lines duplicated in
TEST.ROOT. We don't duplicate the code, but repeat a sort of "import"
statements.
So, I'm okay with the proposed change.

Thanks,
Dima