RFR 8162458 Buffer view implementations use incorrect offset for Unsafe access

Aleksey Shipilev aleksey.shipilev at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 18:16:17 UTC 2016

On 08/15/2016 08:59 PM, Andrew Haley wrote:
> On 15/08/16 18:40, Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
>> On 08/15/2016 08:15 PM, Andrew Haley wrote:
>>> has anyone looked at this yet?  I've just got back from my travels.
>>
>> I think it was reviewed and committed, as "HG Updater" comments say:
>>  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8162458
>
> Hmm, okay.  I didn't see a reply to the email.
>
> It's in hs but not hs-comp.  Do you have any idea why hs is used and
> not hs-comp, or vice versa?  I'd love to know which one I'm supposed
> to use for development.

Paul said in original RFR: "I will push to hs since that is where
JDK-8151163 and it has not been integrated into jdk9/dev."
 http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2016-July/042605.html

This must be one of those cases where deviating from the usual
integration paths just snowballs. Waiting for JDK-8151163 to sync down
to hs-comp, pushing the patch there, and waiting for hs-comp to
integrate back would leave hs broken for too long...

Thanks,
-Aleksey