RFR 8169115, java/net/InetAddress/ptr/lookup.sh failed intermittently

Dmitry Samersoff dmitry.samersoff at oracle.com
Tue Dec 6 11:16:26 UTC 2016

Felix,

1. I'm not sure that javaweb.sfbay.sun.com is the best domain name for
this test. Could we use different one (e.g. icann.org)

2. This test run JTREG -> Test VM -> Another VM. Could we optimize
process usage?

It might be better to create a jtreg "same vm" process that

   1. launch another process with -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
   that do A and PRT lookup in one run.

   2. Read results of process above, do PTR lookup with default
   settings and compare results.

-Dmitry

--
Dmitry Samersoff
Oracle Java development team, Saint Petersburg, Russia