RFR 8171988: backout of 8062389, 8029459, 8061950

Chris Hegarty chris.hegarty at oracle.com
Mon Dec 26 09:58:49 UTC 2016

> On 26 Dec 2016, at 09:35, Peter Levart <peter.levart at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
> I've been told that the latest change I pushed causes some tests to fail, so I prepared a backout patch for 8062389, 8029459, 8061950:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~plevart/jdk9-dev/Class.getMethods.new/backout.09/webrev.01/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~plevart/jdk9-dev/Class.getMethods.new/backout.09/webrev.01/>

I just grabbed the webrev patch, applied it to a local repo, then
compared that against a repo that had been updated to the
change prior to your push. They are identical, so this appears
to be an accurate anti-delta.

Maybe file a new bug, or just make it clear in the synopsis of
8171988 that it is an anti-delta.

> From the stacktrace of the bug report, it seems an early initialization issue with VarHandle(s) involved. Can you shed some light into what tests are failing?

I’ll post a few comments in 8171988 with sample failures.

-Chris.