RFR 8159245: Loggers created by system classes are not initialized correctly when configured programmatically from application code.

Daniel Fuchs daniel.fuchs at oracle.com
Fri Jul 1 15:23:16 UTC 2016

On 01/07/16 16:19, Mandy Chung wrote:
>> I'd prefer to keep the doPrivileged in LogManager so that
>> > Logger.mergeWithSystemLogger can call checkpermission().
>> >
>> > From a conceptual point of view it's only when calling
>> > this method from LogManager that we want to be privileged,
>> > even though the method is package private and only called
>> > from LogManager…
> Why is this extra checkPermission necessary?

Because we're importing an application logger configuration
inside a system logger. Although the method can't be called
from outside the package I'd prefer to keep the permission
check in there. Also it's better to do it up front than
having it fail midway when we later call addHandler or
setLevel.

best regards,

-- daniel