Review Request: JDK-8157464: StackWalker.getCallerClass() should not filter out non-invoker frames

Daniel Fuchs daniel.fuchs at oracle.com
Wed Jul 13 14:55:39 UTC 2016

Hi Mandy,

I wonder whether intermediate frames should be skipped always, whether
the method is @CS or not. Indeed StackWalker::getCallerClass() is
intented to be called from methods that are not @CS.

If so the code in stackwalk.cpp could probably be simplified to simply
look at method->is_ignored_by_security_stack_walk() when the
JVM_STACKWALK_GET_CALLER_CLASS is set, and the @CS flag
could be ignored.

(I'm comparing with what I see in jvm.cpp:JVM_GetCallerClass)

what do you think?

best regards,

-- daniel