RFR: 8157524 Revert JarFile methods "entries" and "stream" to Java 8 behavior

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Sat Jul 16 07:29:12 UTC 2016

On 15/07/2016 22:17, Steve Drach wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please review this change to JarFile that reverts JarFile::stream and JarFile::entries to JDK 8 behavior.  The code is identical to that in JDK 8 except line 504 in JarEntryIterator that now uses a different constructor to create a JarFileEntry.  I also added some implementation notes explaining how to create a versionedStream and a versionedEntries method.
>
> issue: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8157524 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8157524>
> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sdrach/8157524/webrev/index.html <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sdrach/8157524/webrev/index.html>

This looks okay to me.

For @implNote then you can put the example in {@code ...} and that will
allow to use angled brackets (no need for < etc).

In ModulePath then it would be good to move versionedStream to
jarPackages. A comment on the method would be useful too although we
have other changes coming to this code so we can do it then.

-Alan