JDK 9 RFR of JDK-8162539: Test fails because it expects a blank between method signature and throws exception

joe darcy joe.darcy at oracle.com
Tue Jul 26 19:36:13 UTC 2016

Hi Coleen,

The existing tests covered *toGenericString* output with a throws
clauses but omitted coverage of *toString* methods with a throws clause.
That let the omission of the space character in toString output slip
through.

(There is some logically duplicated structure in the implementations of
the toString and toGenericString methods.)

On the core libs side, I believe there weren't any regression tests of
the toString output  of core reflection objects until the
toGenericString methods were added in JDK 5. That is one reason the test
are weighted toward toGenericString since the tests were added for that
functionality.

HTH,

-Joe