RFR 9: JEP 290: Filter Incoming Serialization Data

Daniel Fuchs daniel.fuchs at oracle.com
Wed Jul 27 13:15:36 UTC 2016

Hi Roger,

ObjectInputStream.java:

  179  * If a {@link #setObjectInputFilter(ObjectInputFilter) filter is set}

  184  * A {@link
ObjectInputFilter.Config#setSerialFilter(ObjectInputFilter) process-wide
filter}

these two lines should be using {@linkplain, not {@link.

  308     private ObjectInputFilter serialFilter;

This field is supposed to be set only once. We can't use final
because we may not know its value right at construction time, so
the setter tries to do its best to ensure that the field is not
changed after serialization has begun.
To improve that and make it more 'final-like' I would make this
field volatile and the setter synchronized.

best regards,

-- daniel