RFR-8148748: ArrayList.subList().spliterator() is not late-binding

Tagir F. Valeev amaembo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 09:26:55 UTC 2016

Hello!

>> I'm just worrying a little that my changes might conflict with Ivan
>> Gerasimov's pending 8079136 issue, so probably it would be better to
>> wait till it's reviewed and pushed…

Ivan said that 8079136 is stalled for a while, so I decided to
continue working on 8148748. Here's updated webrev:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~tvaleev/webrev/8148748/r2/

PS> Re: maintenance, ordinarily i would agree with you, but ArrayList
PS> is kind of special being probably the most used collection class.
PS> Using an anon-impl for SubList.spliterator seem ok in that respect.

Now it's separate anonymous class as you suggested.
ArrayListSpliterator is untouched. Note that trySplit() can return
original ArrayListSpliterator as after the binding their behavior is
compatible.

With best regards,
Tagir Valeev.