JDK 9 build 109 -> Lucene's Ant build works again; still missing Hotspot patches

Uwe Schindler uschindler at apache.org
Sat Mar 12 11:43:20 UTC 2016

Hi,

I just wanted to inform you that the first Lucene test with build 109 of JDK were working with Ant and Ivy (both on Linux and Windows including whitespace in build directory), so the Multi-Release JAR file fix did not break the build system anymore. Many thanks to Steve Drach and Alan Bateman for helping! I have seen the follow-up issue about the "#release" fragment, so I am looking forward to better compatibility with the new URL schemes and existing code. I will try to maybe write some test this weekend to help with that.

Nevertheless, build 109 does not contain (according to the changelog) fixes for JDK-8150436 (still fails consistently) and JDK-8148786 (our duplicate issue JDK-8150280, happens sometimes). Those patches were committed long ago. What's the reason for delaying them in nightly builds? I was hoping for build 108 containing them (which was unusable because of the Ant build problems) and I was quite sure that they will be in build 109. Those 2 issues still make the test suite fail quite often (hotspot issues). On the issues the "resolved in" field contains "team". What does this mean?

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
uschindler at apache.org
ASF Member, Apache Lucene PMC / Committer
Bremen, Germany
http://lucene.apache.org/