Documentation for ForkJoinPool class

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Thu Nov 3 11:58:38 UTC 2016

On 11/02/2016 11:27 AM, David Holmes wrote:
> Moving discussion to core-libs-dev. Please follow-up there.
>
> Thanks,
> David
>
> On 3/11/2016 1:20 AM, Dmitry Zhikharev wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> ForkJoinPool class documentation says nothing about it using daemon
>> threads since Java 8
>> (https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/concurrent/ForkJoinPool.html,

Right; thanks.
The sentence previously mentioning this in passing was changed,
leaving no mention of daemon status. We should add one:

***************
*** 37,43 ****
    * tasks are submitted to the pool from external clients.  Especially
    * when setting <em>asyncMode</em> to true in constructors, {@code
    * ForkJoinPool}s may also be appropriate for use with event-style
!  * tasks that are never joined.
    *
    * <p>A static {@link #commonPool()} is available and appropriate for
    * most applications. The common pool is used by any ForkJoinTask that
    * tasks are submitted to the pool from external clients.  Especially
    * when setting <em>asyncMode</em> to true in constructors, {@code
    * ForkJoinPool}s may also be appropriate for use with event-style
!  * tasks that are never joined. All worker threads are initialized
!  * with {@link Thread#isDaemon} set {@code true}.
    *