[9] RfR: 8169289: JavaFX application in named module fails to launch if no main method

David DeHaven david.dehaven at oracle.com
Thu Nov 10 17:38:03 UTC 2016

Please review the (fairly straightforward) JDK changes needed to support launching JavaFX applications in a named module.

JBS:

Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ddehaven/8169289/jdk.0/

For reference, here are the openjfx changes needed:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ddehaven/8169289/openjfx-rt.0/

The changes can be pushed independently, so no fancy juggling will be needed. Only the LM_MODULE mode fails in any mixed combination, which fails as things stand now. I will file a followup issue to add unit tests, but those tests will go into openjfx and will wait until openjfx and openjdk promoted builds are in sync. I don't think the non-FX modes are affected substantially enough to warrant any test changes on the openjdk side.

-DrD-