Re: RFR: 6378384 (reflect) subclass can’t access superclass’s protected fields and methods by reflection

Peter Levart peter.levart at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 18:41:51 UTC 2016

Hi Mandy,

On 10/18/2016 07:36 PM, Mandy Chung wrote:
>> On Oct 18, 2016, at 3:55 AM, Peter Levart <peter.levart at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> They do. What do you say about this variant (compressionLevel=9):
>>
>>      http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~plevart/jdk9-dev/6378384_Reflection.ensureAccess/webrev.04/
> +1.  Ship it!  Thanks for compressing it!
>
> Mandy

Thanks for reviewing. Pushed.

Hope it's not too bad that I managed to enter non-ascii characters into
commit message. I was copy-pasting from Jira issue title and didn't
notice the difference between ' and ’ . Probably an artifact of
migrating issues from SUN's old bug-tracking system. This issue really
had a long beard...

Regards, Peter