RFR: 8191033: Regression in logging.properties: specifying .handlers= for root logger (instead of handlers=) no longer works

Martin Buchholz martinrb at google.com
Thu Dec 7 19:15:54 UTC 2017

I'm not a logging expert, but this change Looks Good To Me.

---

A bunch of "handler" should be changed to "handlers"

+        // Verify that exactly one of the two handler is a custom.Handler
+        // Verify that exactly one of the two handler is a
custom.DotHandler
+        // Verify that the two handler have an id of '1'

--

This code makes me think you use the identity of the Longs, but it seems
you don't, so I would just get rid of these and use e.g. 3L instead of

+    public static final Long ONE = 1L;
+    public static final Long TWO = 2L;
+    public static final Long THREE = 3L;