FW: RFR(M): 8189102: All tools should support -?, -h and --help

Lindenmaier, Goetz goetz.lindenmaier at sap.com
Tue Dec 12 10:36:51 UTC 2017

Hi Alan,

Javadoc combines documentation and support of a flag in the
way the flag handling is implemented.  On the other side,
it prints the help message anyways if a wrong flag is presented
to it, so if you call it with -help you get the help message.
Therefore, in my original change where I tried to get it
more cleaned up, I removed -help support and documentation
from Javadoc.

I added it again and updated the table in the CSR:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~goetz/wr17/8189102-helpMessage/webrev.06/

Best regards,
  Goetz.