[10] (S) RFR 8191788: add jdk.internal.vm.compiler to --limit-modules if -Djvmci.Compiler=graal is in the command line

mandy chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Wed Dec 13 16:47:43 UTC 2017

On 12/13/17 12:16 AM, Vladimir Kozlov wrote:
> After several rounds of testing (which found different types of
> failures with Graal as JIT compiler) I decided to limit these changes
> for cases when --limit-modules is used:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~kvn/8191788/webrev.01/

Looks okay.

Since the number of tests with --limit-modules is small, filtering them
out when running with Graal as JIT compiler is a reasonable approach for
JDK 10.   At some point, we may revisit this and possibly a test library
to deal with similar use case - tests with limited modules when running
with additional VM flags requiring observable modules.  I will create an
issue for it.

Mandy