[10] RFR: 8193507: [REDO] Startup regression due to JDK-8185582

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu Dec 14 12:29:29 UTC 2017

On 14/12/2017 12:25, Claes Redestad wrote:

> We need the cleanable = null case for the FinalizableZStreamRef case,
> otherwise we'd go into spin. The cleanable is implicitly checked for
> null in the ZStreamRef.get method, which is the only one
> used outside of these classes.
Okay but can the clean method at least check if cleanable is null to
avoid needing to wonder if it's possible. Also can the constructors be
grouped as it's very confusing to not have them grouped together
(dropping the space in "ZStreamRef (" would help too. Otherwise I think
the approach is okay.

-Alan