Zip Extended Timestamp signedness changed in JDK9 but not JDK8

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Mon Jul 3 20:09:22 UTC 2017

On 03/07/2017 20:05, Simon Spero wrote:
> :
>
> It is strange that this wasn't backported to jdk8u, since other changes to
> zip rom around the same time  are present.  Also, this fix doesn't seem to
> be mentioned in JIRA or the release notes.

There were API changes as part of this update so not appropriate to
backport. More generally, the zip code has changed significantly in JDK
9 to replace native implementation. I think the highest priority is to
make sure that there aren't any corner cases that were handled in 8 but
not handled in 9.

-Alan