Test after JDK-8181761, the explicit @build actions

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu Jul 6 09:45:35 UTC 2017

On 06/07/2017 10:02, Weijun Wang wrote:
> Hi Igor
>
> I’ve about to add a new test that uses jdk.test.lib.SecurityTools and I see in your fix for JDK-8181761 that a lot of seemingly-unrelated classes are added into a @build action.
>
> How do I determine what classes are needed? Or shall I just copy it from a test nearby?
>
> I remember this was due to a jtreg bug(?). Has it been resolved? Do we need to add the @build action forever?

Yeah, it's very messy just now. My understanding is that Igor is
planning to clean up the dependences in the test infrastructure classes
so much of this can go away.

Separately, there are changes in flight for jtreg to improve the
reliability of tests running with agentvm + concurrency. Jon pushed
CODETOOLS-7902003 to the jtreg code a few days ago so that each test
gets a unique test.classes. That should avoid a lot of the issues that
Igor was initially working around by trying to change the tests to
depend on implicit compilation. This change exposes a few issues with
the handling of test.classes in a few tests so they have been fixed too.

In summary, you might have to temporarily add some annoying @build tags
but they will go away, and hopefully soon.

-Alan