java.util.Pair

Hohensee, Paul hohensee at amazon.com
Thu Jul 13 18:24:47 UTC 2017

Thanks for the immediate response.

Having read the thread, I understand the argument against including Pair in the JDK and personally agree with the sw engineering argument. But, it got into javafx.util somehow and is now effectively part of the JDK anyway, so that ship has sailed. Thus, it seemed reasonable me to just copy it from there into java.util, though there would be a maintenance headache if it were desired to keep them sync’ed.

I suppose also that there’s a pov that having it in javafx.util indirectly encourages JavaFX adoption. (

Anyhow, thanks for the explanation.

Paul