RFR: JDK-8179697: Fix Html5 errors in java.naming, java.logging, jdk.httpserver, jdk.net, jdk.sctp

Daniel Fuchs daniel.fuchs at oracle.com
Fri May 12 09:18:42 UTC 2017

Hi Kumar,

On 12/05/2017 00:16, Kumar Srinivasan wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> As Jon surmised, this is an ARIA/accessibility requirement, in that one
> can't
> have holes in the usage of h* tags,  as javadoc tool itself uses h1 and h2,
> the API docs have to start with h3.
>
> With respect to your comment, the h2->h3 is erroneous and have reverted
> them back, so the only changes wrt. h* are h4 -> h3.
>
> New webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ksrini/8179697/webrev.1/

This looks good now. Thanks for explaining the issue with holes in
the usage of h* tags - it makes it much easier to understand the
rationale behind the changes.

A few nits:
com/sun/net/httpserver/HttpServer.java:

there are 2 spaces after 'caption'

javax/naming/event/package.html:
   82 <h4>Threading Issues</h4>
  101 <h4>Exception Handling</h4>

I wonder if these two tags should be changed to <h3> as well,
so as not to introduce a hierarchy that was not there before.
(these do not seem to be sub-concepts of <h3>Naming Events</h3>
  as far as I can see - but then I'm not a JNDI expert)

Otherwise looks good, no need for a new webrev.

best regards,

-- daniel